Electrical Rewiring For Residential And Commercial Properties
An electrical rewire is one of the most unsettling jobs that may be applied in a house. It is a major undertaking and you should collect as much information as possible before making a choice to carry out a rewire to your property.
To ascertain the true condition of your electrical wiring which already exists in your property, have a very good Periodic Inspection Report performed so as to locate any problematical areas. If you take a look at your fuse panel and you see that cables are loose or unattached, then it may be time to have a rewire anyway.
There are actually two ways to rewire a property and one would be to rewire it yourself. Rewiring your property by yourself is no joke and we do not encourage anyone to do this. You will need to have at the very least a basic knowledge of electricity, otherwise you could wind up having a disaster on your hands. Remember that electricity is also a killer so it is not recommended to attempt this job yourself.
The second way, and the best way to rewire a property is to employ a professional electrician. Why? Because they know the set standards for electrical installations as well as safety issues concerning electricity.
Here are some tips about how to get better deals from electrical contractors.
1. Initially you should ensure that you are hiring a professional electrician who is properly accredited by the related authorities. Inspect their accreditation and get them to supply full details. They ought to have a card with them, and also you will be able to check their registration number. Rest assured we are fully licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection. We will provide any supporting documentation that you need to make an informed decision.
2. Your next move would be to acquire information about past electrical rewiring jobs. Ideally from previous customers or third party places like Angie’s List. You should be asking questions about the rewiring job they did for them. Did they run into any problems with the contractor along the way? Are they satisfied with his or her work? If they are not, then you definitely had better look for a different contractor. Read our reviews on Angie’s List.
3. When you are pleased with the details about their previous work, the very next thing to try and do would be to agree to a set price contract. Usually it is the contractor who will present a proposal to you and after that follow up later with a contract concerning the work that needs to be done. Read the fine print and be sure that you find no hidden charges. Also be sure that you are covered with the full warranty regarding work done. You will receive a free estimate from Gil’s Electric.
4. In order to acquire an excellent price, get a free quote and inspection. Keep in mind that this is a major task that can only happen once in your life, plus your safety and that of the family is at stake, so the lowest price is not always the best choice.
5. Agree on things like, when will the task start and how long will it take.
As this is a major undertaking to your house, disruption of your daily schedule is inevitable, but get an idea on what you will be facing. Find out if you will need to move out temporarily. For things such as moving the furniture, or removing and repairing part of the ceiling, you need to make it clear with the contractor who is responsible for what before the job begins. It’s always a good suggestion to gather all the information you need before embarking on any undertaking such as a major property rewire job.
At Gil’s Electric you can rest assured that we meet and exceed these expectations. Faulty electrical wiring is a serious deal to us and we care about your property and the occupants. A fire that results from faulty electrical wiring can mean life or death for the people involved. We cut absolutely NO corners on knowledge, materials, and workmanship. We have been a part of the community for 20+ years which is a testament to our ability to successfully complete jobs. You can get a completely free estimate here or call the number you see above. Get started today as disaster may be just around the corner.