Patio Yard Lights For Safety And Ambiance
Before shopping for patio lighting, take a moment to review the lighting goals for the space. Patios and decks have unique lighting requirements. Lighting must ensure safety while also creating ambiance, meaning several different types of patio lights will be required in a variety of locations.
1. First determine how the patio or deck will be used. For parties? For quiet, intimate dinners with a sweetheart? For the kids to run wild? Be sure to also evaluate the lighting needs of sitting areas and functional areas such as in the grilling area.
2. What areas need to be lit for safety? Steps are a given, but what about the path to the deck or patio? Don’t leave people to trip in the dark, make sure high traffic areas have adequate patio lighting!
3. What is the decorative theme of the patio or deck? There are so many different styles of patio lighting that they have become a major design element in their own right. Select lighting that matches and enhances patio decor.
4. What are the major colors of the patio or deck? Patio lighting fixtures come in several different metallic tones such as copper or brushed steel, but there are also lanterns or string lights in a rainbow of colors. Spend some time researching different options with our lighting consultants and select colors that complement the palette of your patio.
5. Do you want floodlights to highlight landscaping? Showcase a green thumb at night with strategically placed patio lights that add a nice decorative touch to outdoor living spaces.
6.What is the desired brightness of the lighting? Bright enough to read by? Or a soft, candlelight glow?
7.Where is the nearest plug-in spot for patio lights? If an outlet isn’t available, can one be installed or will the patio be limited to solar lighting? Our electricians can find the best solution for you and make it happen.
8. Consider purchasing patio lights to illuminate a pond or other water features in the yard. Floating solar lights are a great option, but waterproof spotlights are also available.
9. Remember, light attracts bugs so think about bug deterrents or other control methods in addition to patio lights so guests aren’t fending off moths and mosquito’s.
10. How handy are you? Most deck or patio lighting is not easy to install, so it is always wise and beneficial to seek consultation from qualified electrical contractors.
Knowing the answers to these questions will ensure optimal patio lighting. We have knowledgeable lighting consultants who will be happy to help you in accomplishing your patio yard lighting needs. Simply submit a request here or call the number you see above.